SENA Bluetooth communication system 50R
The 50R Mesh 2.0 Intercom combines Sena's most advanced technology to date with an inconspicuous, flat, yet robust design.
- Mesh 2.0 offers stable reliability
- Simple one-click-to-connect system
- Mesh Intercom ™ offers outstanding audio quality
- The multi-channel protocol in the Open Mesh allows switching between 9 communication channels
- Bluetooth® 5 activated
- HD speakers
- Convenient access to voice-activated digital assistants ("Hey Google" / "Hey Siri")
- Automatic installation of firmware updates and loading through a WiFi adapter
- Elegant and glove-friendly three-button operation
- Voice commands are recognized in 8 languages
The Mesh 2.0
Mesh 2.0 offers a robust level of reliable intercom connections and forms an adaptive and autonomous communication network with the help of intelligent routing management. The innovative system of prompts and responses between Sena's Mesh 2.0 headsets results in amazing data transfer even under challenging conditions and offers superior intercom audio quality with a rock solid connection. In addition, the real-time exchange of information between connected devices takes place at dazzling speed and allows the Mesh 2.0 network to immediately determine the optimal path for the transmission of messages to all participants.
One device - three intercom modes
The 50R has three different intercom modes: Group Mesh Intercom, Multi-Channel Open Mesh Intercom, and Bluetooth Intercom.
With Group Mesh you create a single, private group that supports up to 24 participants within a range of up to 8 km (at least 6 drivers at intervals of 1.6 km)! For additional control and privacy, users must be invited to a group mesh network.
With Multi-Channel Open Mesh you can communicate with practically anyone who participates in the Mesh 2.0 network within a range of up to 8 km. With nine available channels, you can switch to a different frequency for conversations with different groups within the Open Mesh network.
The traditional Bluetooth intercom mode rounds off the package with the third available communication option, so that really every driver and their constantly changing driving scenarios will benefit from the incredible flexibility and technology.
HD speakers for a better sound experience
The speakers have been optimized so that they can be worn more comfortably in the helmet and also offer impressive audio performance. The speakers of the 50R fit easily into the speaker recess of a helmet, but have a beveled edge, so that a potential disturbance when wearing is avoided.
However, the best exterior design is not worth much if the audio output doesn't live up to expectations.
Voice commands for better control
Take control of the 50R without lifting a finger. You can control the 50R hands-free using voice commands, such as opening an Open Mesh session or answering a call. Just say an order and the 50R will act for you. The 50R responds to eight different languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Japanese and Russian).
The best thing among voice commands, however, is the new direct hands-free access to Google or Siri via your smartphone! "Hey Siri, please give directions to the next hotel!" "Hey Google, what's the weather like today?" No buttons, no more preliminary commands. The 50R connects to everything the Google Assistant and Apple's Siri have to offer while you're on the go!
Loads quickly and updates automatically
In addition to the technical improvements to the quick charge function, a battery with a particularly high energy density was built into the 50R, so that the device can be charged 30% faster than previous quick charge batteries from Sena. After a charging time of just 20 minutes, you get 3.5 hours of Mesh Intercom or a further 6 hours in Bluetooth intercom mode. A full charge takes just one hour to fully charge the device and provides up to eight hours of mesh communication or up to 13 hours of Bluetooth intercom talk time!
Improve usage with the Sena 50R Utility App
Use all functions of the 50R with the utility app. After you've downloaded the 50R Utility App, simply connect your 50R to your smartphone and see how quick and easy it is to set up and manage. Keep control of Bluetooth intercom pairings, configure channel settings for Open Mesh Intercom or create a private group in Group Mesh mode. You can even access audio equalizer presets to experience new musical soundscapes!
- Main module: approx. 97mm x 48mm x 27mm
- Driver unit loudspeaker: approx. 40mm - thickness approx. 7.2 mm
- Boom microphone: length approx. 150 mm
- Cable between the speakers: length approx. 555 mm
- Operating temperature: -10 ° C to 55 ° C
- Mesh 2.0 intercom technology
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Headset Profile (HSP)
- Hands-free profile (HFP)
- Extended audio output profile (A2DP)
- Profile for remote control of audio or video devices (AVRCP)
- Bluetooth intercom: up to 2 km in open terrain
- Mesh Intercom: up to 2 km * in open terrain
- * Can be extended up to 8 km if at least 6 drivers are connected
- Supports up to:
- Bluetooth intercom: 4 drivers
- Open Mesh Intercom: unlimited drivers
- Group Mesh Intercom: 24 drivers
- Channel support:
- Open Mesh Intercom: 9 channels
- Noise Cancellation: Advanced Noise Control ™
- Code: Integrated SBC codec
- FM radio:
- Radio frequency range: 76 ~ 108MHz
- 10 station presets
- Speaking time:
- Bluetooth intercom: up to 13 hours
- Mesh Intercom: up to 8 hours
- Charging time: approx. 1 Hour
- Fast charging function: 20 minutes charging time for approx. 6 hours of Bluetooth intercom or approx. 3.5 hours of Mesh Intercom usage
- Type: lithium polymer