SENA Bluetooth communication system 50S
With an extraordinary communication network and finely tuned HD speakers, the 50S aims to connect drivers with each other on their journey
- Mesh 2.0: stable and reliable connections
- One-Click-to-Connect Mesh Intercom ™ with superior audio quality
- Multi-channel protocol in Open Mesh allows the use of 9 different channels
- Bluetooth® 5 activated
- HD speakers for better performance in terms of volume, bass and sound
- Voice activation of digital assistants (Hey Google / Hey Siri)
- Automatic firmware updates via a WiFi adapter
- Proven and glove-friendly jog dial design
- Multilingual voice commands support
The Mesh 2.0
Thanks to significant technical improvements to the original Sena Mesh Intercom ™ algorithm, Mesh 2.0 offers a level of motorcycle communication and ensures robust and reliable connections of the self-optimizing and flexible intercom system. The individual 50S units actively exchange information within the Mesh 2.0 network with one another at an astonishing speed. In addition, each Mesh 2.0 unit is constantly looking for the optimal transmission path to efficiently transfer a conversation from driver to driver. The results of the new Mesh 2.0 technology lead to unprecedented intercom audio quality and robust connectivity for all Sena Mesh 2.0 intercom users.
Multi-channel communication and private conversations
The 50S offers not just one, but three different communication modes: Multi-Channel Open Mesh Intercom ™, Group Mesh Intercom ™ and Bluetooth Intercom.
Similar to CB radios, the 50S Mesh 2.0 system allows you to switch between nine different channels while in Open Mesh mode. A single push of a button is sufficient to establish the connection to the Mesh 2.0 Intercom network, which then enables a connection to an almost unlimited number of users within a range of up to 8 km (min. 6 riders at intervals of 1.6 km)! With this simplified connection method, the enormous number of participants, impressive range and nine-channel functionality, the Open Mesh Intercom mode of the 50S certainly offers immense added value for large groups.
If you prefer private group communication, you can of course switch to Group Mesh Intercom mode, with which you can then form a private group with up to 24 participants and the same impressive range as in Open Mesh mode. To ensure privacy, only invited users can join the group chat here.
In addition, there is also the option of classic 4-way Bluetooth communication to connect other Sena's with each other within a range of up to 2 km. In addition, users of a Sena Bluetooth headset can also be included in a Mesh 2.0 intercom conversation.
Control with voice commands
You don't even have to lift your finger to operate your 50S. Voice commands give you control over the functions of the device such as accepting a phone call or starting a group mesh session. Voice commands are available in eight languages; English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Japanese and Russian.
But what if you run out of gas? "Hey Google, directions to the nearest gas station." With a simple voice command, the 50S can be connected to the digital assistants from Google and Apple and enables the full use of your smartphone, including GPS navigation, music playback, language selection and a variety of other options.
Fast charging and automatic updates with the Sena WiFi adapter
The 50S has a battery with a high energy density that charges 30% faster than its predecessor. The headset is fully charged in just one hour and allows up to nine hours of talk time in mesh intercom mode or up to 14 hours in Bluetooth intercom mode. The fast charge offers up to 3.5 hours of mesh communication or up to 6 hours of Bluetooth communication after just 20 minutes.
The WiFi adapter ensures that your device is always charged and can also be programmed so that available firmware updates are automatically installed on the device. Simply connect the adapter to your WiFi network, set it up once, and it will be able to detect and install updates when the headset is connected.
The utility app
Use the Sena 50S Utility App to optimize your 50S directly from your smartphone. With the app you can not only adjust and personalize various settings on the 50S but also, for example, set up the Bluetooth intercom coupling or configure the channel settings for Open Mesh or define a private group for Group Mesh. Create your FM radio presets and instantly select a preferred station to listen to. And if you want to give your music a boost, the app includes audio equalizer presets that you can use to explore brand new musical soundscapes!
- Main module: approx. 102 x 56 x 27 mm
- Driver unit loudspeaker: approx. 40mm - thickness approx. 7.2 mm
- Boom microphone: length approx. 190 mm
- Cable between speakers: length approx. 555 mm
- Operating temperature: -10 ° C to 55 ° C
- Mesh 2.0 Intercom Technology
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Headset Profile (HSP)
- Hands-Free Profile (HFP)
- Extended audio output profile (A2DP)
- Profile for remote control of audio or video devices (AVRCP)
- Bluetooth intercom: up to 2 km in open terrain
- Mesh Intercom ™: up to 2 km in open terrain *
- * Can be extended up to 8 km when at least 6 drivers are connected.
- Supports up to:
- Bluetooth intercom: up to four drivers
- Open Mesh Intercom: unlimited drivers
- Group Mesh Intercom: up to 24 drivers
- Channel support:
- Open mesh intercom: 9 channels
- Noise Cancellation: Advanced Noise Control ™
- Codec: Built-in SBC Codec
- FM radio
- Radio frequency range: 76 ~ 108MHz
- 10 station presets
- Speaking time:
- Bluetooth intercom: approx. 14 hours
- Mesh Intercom: approx. 9 hours
- Charging time: approx. 1 Hour
- Fast charging: 20 minutes of charging time allow approx. 6 hours of Bluetooth intercom or approx. 3.5 hours of mesh intercom
- Type: Lithium polymer battery